CHM556 [Organic Lab Practicals]
Posted June 22, 2012on:
This is the main page for CHM556 [Organic Lab Practicals]
1) Copying will receive zero marks. This includes copying with attempted disguises/alterations by changing one or two words. You can discuss what you did with your lab parter. After all discussions have finished, then you write the whole report yourself.
2) Hand the report in on loose A4 paper with a photocopy of the signed results. Include ALL the relevant pages from your lab jotter, especially the one that’s signed by me.
3) There is little merit in just re-writing out the procedure you already have. You can photostat that on your report or just write “refer to lab manual”. But if you did anything different, then mention it.
4) What I’m interested in seeing from you are discussions as to WHY various steps were done in the practical and any problems faced, what solutions were tried to solve those problems, and any other scientific, good thinking comments relevant to the practical. Answer the questions in the book, lab sheets and any that appear here.
5) Do not say things like “I know know how to extract caffeine from tea bags” as your conclusion.
Labs (which somehow went missing earlier):