Archive for June 2012
Hi. Sadly the old page got deleted 😦 but now there’s this new one 🙂
13 July 2012.
OK This isn’t an ‘event’, but you can certainly make it a lovely event for some Palestinians. And even if you cannot afford to give directly, you can still help by taking this poster and putting it on your blogs etc and encouraging others to spread the word.
If you want to link to the image the URL is this: https://intechemistry.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/food-basket-final-090712a.jpg
July 7th 2012.
Charity Bazaar for Palestinians Sat. July 7th 2012. Location: http://goo.gl/maps/08eN
The CHOW Charity Bazaar is back for its 4th year and we would love to have you on board!
The Charity Bazaar @ CHOW is in support of the Palestinian Children in the refugee camps in Lebanon and it is our hope that we will be able to raise funds to send to these precious children and their families for Ramadhan.
The Bazaar will be held at the CHOW Foodcourt, 4th Floor, The Weld KL on Saturday the 7th of July 2012, from 10 am to 5pm. Vendor Tables are on sale for RM250.00 and admission tickets at RM20.00 for anyone over the age of 18. Each ticket comprises of one raffle entry, 2 meal vouchers and 2 drink vouchers.
Both Page 1 and Page 2 of the Vendor Application Form needs to be completed, signed and returned to us with confirmation of payment so that we can confirm your booking. You will be allocated a table on a first-come-first serve basis once our table layout is finalized. It is important that you complete the form given as soon as possible to get your priority allocation
Would love to hear from you and to have you participate in the Bazaar this year!Thanks again and see you there! Do let me know if you could help us sell tickets for the bazaar.
Abdul Rahim Majid
Intechemistry comments: I have been to two of these events. They are very good. They had loads of great foods on sale (the free food with the vouchers was nice too) and lots of really interesting items and yet more foods at a low price. Well worth going. The Palestinian Ambassador usually pops in too.
This is the main page for CHM556 [Organic Lab Practicals]
1) Copying will receive zero marks. This includes copying with attempted disguises/alterations by changing one or two words. You can discuss what you did with your lab parter. After all discussions have finished, then you write the whole report yourself.
2) Hand the report in on loose A4 paper with a photocopy of the signed results. Include ALL the relevant pages from your lab jotter, especially the one that’s signed by me.
3) There is little merit in just re-writing out the procedure you already have. You can photostat that on your report or just write “refer to lab manual”. But if you did anything different, then mention it.
4) What I’m interested in seeing from you are discussions as to WHY various steps were done in the practical and any problems faced, what solutions were tried to solve those problems, and any other scientific, good thinking comments relevant to the practical. Answer the questions in the book, lab sheets and any that appear here.
5) Do not say things like “I know know how to extract caffeine from tea bags” as your conclusion.
Labs (which somehow went missing earlier):
This is the main page for CHM456 Lab practicals.
You can download the practical manual here: CHM456 ORGANIC Lab Practicals Manual